The DAAWC, through public policy forums, leadership training, and civic engagement and issue education programs, provides African-American Women with a stronger voice and the skills training to become a part of, and use, the political process to improve our lives and our communities via:
- Education on the political process, leadership training, and preparation of African-American Women interested in running for public office.
- 365 day involvement in our communities, registering voters, empowering the African-American women to engage in all levels of civil society, local, state, and federal.
- Fundraising assistance to help candidates compete in elections on all levels.
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and behavior through wellness projects.
- Providing mentoring and educational support
Founder, President: Leslie Wimes
1st VP: Veronica Wade
2nd VP: Alexa Wimes
Secretary: Janet Burnett
Treasurer: Carla Erskine, Esq.
Organization Counsel: Tarlesha Williams-Smith, Esq.